Specials Of The Day
Commentary and musings fresh from today's headlines...

Monday, July 04, 2005
Eggs, Seen On TV
I'm watching Millionaire on GSN right now, and I just saw an ad for this.

If you don't feel like following the link or are reading me via RSS or something, it's an omelette pan that has a switch in the handle that makes the sides flip over and fold the thing. Valued at $70, yours today on Sale Of The Century for the low low price of just $19.99.

I have something like this in a kitchen drawer. It's called a SPATULA.

Really, folks, is it that hard to fold a freakin' omelette? Put in your filling, fold over the right third (with your handy-dandy $3 heat-proofed spatula), cook a little more (if you're melting cheese or something), then slide the folded half out onto your serving plate and use the pan to fold in the other third. I just did it last night.

Plus, I can just imagine what fun it will be to clean all of the egg that oozes down into the crevices formed by the folding bits.

Going back to the previous post about People Being (Freakin') Stupid, there must be a market for this crap or else they wouldn't advertise it.
posted at 2:17 PM | Permalink |